Sunday, January 1, 2012

A NICE WAY TO START THE NEW YEAR

Luxury Reading's Blogger Vera Pereskokova, writing for the website SHEKNOWS, choose Scheisshaus Luck as her first January Book Pick.

From the website:
 
BOOK OF THE DAY: SCHEISSHAUS LUCK

We've tapped Luxury Reading's book lovin' blogger, Vera, to give us the scoop all month long on what books are worth the read. She'll be dishing out daily book picks -- and here's the first one.
Scheisshaus Luck by Pierre Berg and Brian Brock

I have read many Holocaust memoirs, but the one I remember over and over again, and always recommend to others, is Scheisshaus Luck. (It is also one of the first books I reviewed when I first started Luxury Reading.)

From my review: “While the subject of the memoir is dark and depressing in itself, I felt that Pierre’s message was, 'Don’t feel bad for me. This is what I went through. I survived, and I just want others to learn about what happened.' All the while, his writing style is youthful, candid and extremely readable. I found myself horrified, amused and intensely interested all at once.”

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/850639/sk-book-lounge-scheisshaus-luck 

THANKS VERA!

Scheisshaus Luck is now available as an ebook (Amazon, Barnes & Knobles & iBook) through Blue Coffee Books 

1 comment: